Glitter Wølf - Spectrum


(Self-release 2017)

GlitterWølf is a synthwave band, like Gunship. And recorded/mixed in a studio, from the looks of things. I like when I see artists taking different approaches. I also like when albums are eclectic, and Spectrum is certainly that.



Spectrum is an album that grows better with a few listens. One of my favorite tracks is "Carpenter's Requiem," which gives a moody introduction to the album. I also like the next track, "Street Purge." It has an EBM feel to it, a bit goth too. Very nicely produced and highlights singer Mike Orvis's vocal talents. He has a really distinctive voice that works well in this context. My other favorite is "Pøwerhølt," which sounds like it belongs on an action film soundtrack from 1986. You will be pumping your fist and tightening your headband to this one. The '80s pop song "Alana" is great, as is "Run with Us," both of which feature Mandi Harkett on guest vocals. Finally, I also enjoyed "Nite Beast."

So that is most of the album right there. I did not connect with the rest. "Atari Karate" has too many parts that fit poorly together. The other two, "Street Purge" and "Endless," are fine but just don't do anything for me. The balance is very positive, though. I would say the future is bright for Glitter Wølf

Score: 8.5

Comments

Popular Posts