Midnight Danger - Malignant Force


(NRW 2018)

The latest release from NRW is an example of the "action film" synthwave aesthetic. It could be classified as darksynth as well. (For me, darksynth is a style of synthwave.) It hits all the buttons something like this should hit: big basslines, massive snares, and a kick-ass-in-the-streets-of-2041 aesthetic.



There can be do doubt that Malignant Force is a high quality release featuring very good production (though it is too loud for my tastes). On the first couple listens, I struggled to find reasons why I should listen to this and not, say, Dance with the Dead. Then it started to grow on me. So I think this is a good album if you are looking for something to tide you over until the next Dance with the Dead album. Just don't expect something you haven't heard before.

Score: 7.0

Comments

Popular Posts